101 Ehalt Street, Greensburg - at the Greensburg Train Station
The Supper Club is one of those places that you walk into, and you instantly wish the place could speak to you and tell you the stories of what it has seen. The Greensburg Train Station will be 100 years old this August. And the station still welcomes passengers once daily even to this day. You can hear and feel the rumbling of the trains passing by, and even an occasional train whistle if you listen very close. The station now houses one of Greensburg's first ever farm to table restaurants. Owner Deb Driggers told me that when her family became interested in opening a new restaurant in the train station building, their goal was to create a restaurant that they as a family would want to share meals at. They also shared a passion for supporting local farms and businesses, investing money back into the local economy, and their menu of local offerings reflects this. The building itself evokes a connection with the past; the menu offerings evoke a connection with the community.
So, let's get to it...
From top left, clockwise:
- Since The Supper Club buys from local vendors, the menu changes seasonally as new meats and produce are offered in the area.
- Mondays are for Meatballs & Martinis! Stop in on Monday evenings for 50 cent (yes, just 2 quarters!) meatballs and $6 martinis. We started our evening with the Swedish meatballs in sauce and the turkey meatballs served with a cilantro aioli (both pictured above).
- The Friendship Farms Grass Fed Beef Burger is by far one of the best burgers that I have had in the Suburghia area. Because the cattle are raised on grass, the meat itself has a clean taste. It is seen here topped with blue cheese & black pepper bacon.
- And I couldn't leave without partaking in one of their $6 martini offerings of the evening. I chose the Liquid Dessert- an almost sinful mixture of Irish cream, amaretto, Frangelico, Kahlua, vanilla vodka, and cream.
What you need to know before you go:
- Entrees run from around $8 up to $34. You can enjoy this restaurant even if you are on a tighter budget. Plus, various wallet-friendly specials are offered Monday through Thursday: http://www.supperclubgreensburg.com/events.html
- If you plan to visit on a Friday or Saturday evening or if you are bringing a larger dinner party, you can easily make reservations. The Supper Club is one of the only restaurants in the Greensburg area that utilizes the online reservation system, Open Table: http://www.opentable.com/the-supper-club-greensburg
For hours, directions, events, and seasonal menus, visit below: