690 Chauvet Drive- Pittsburgh (In the Pool City Plaza, across from Target)
Many people in the Pittsburgh/Suburghia area visit the Robinson Town Center for the mall and of course, Ikea. And shopping can work up quite an appetite. ;) So, the next time you are at Ikea perusing their many light fixtures and kitchen gadgets, forgo the hoards of chain restaurants (and the mall food court) and head straight for Bocktown Beer and Grill. Tucked inside the Pool City/Target Plaza, it is a real local gem. Bocktown prides itself on utilizing local vendors and products, and serving some of the best local beers available on tap. You could say it is a locavore's paradise.
I was fortunate enough to have a Columbus friend (a transplant from the 'Burgh) turn me onto this place and I haven't looked back since. Confession- there are times when the husband and I just go to Robinson for Bocktown's irresistible fresh cut fries. The shopping is secondary to the grub. ;)
So, let's get to it.
From top left, clockwise:
- The glorious Flat Belly Fries (also comes in Beer Belly). The Flat Belly is perfect for 2-3 people. Order the Beer Belly if you are out with a group or are just REALLY hungry. ;) We start out every Bocktown meal with an order of these fresh cut fries topped with the Beer Cheese and Black Peppered Bacon. We keep it simple, but there are 47 different toppings to choose from to slather on top of your order of Bocktown fries.
- Just to show that Bocktown is not all beer, burgers, and fries, I ordered the Seared Salmon Salad with the suggested Basil Pesto Vinaigrette. The perfectly seared salmon was served over a fresh mix of greens, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, & other goodies. And yeah, it made me feel a little less guilty for polishing off those Beer Belly Fries. ;)
- My husband, on the other hand, ordered the ultimate trifecta of a burger, the Three Rivers Burgher. The Three Rivers is served open-faced and generously topped with beer cheese, beef gravy, & Bocktown fries. (Yes, under all of that is a juicy 1/2 lb burger!)
- Check Bocktown's website often for their ongoing Beer Tastings, Beeried Treasure events, and live music schedule. Every week there is something new and tasty going on! http://www.bocktown.com/category/events/
What you need to know before you go:
- Bocktown Beer & Grill is becoming one of the first restaurants in the area to utilize the Tabbedout app. Find out more about Tabbedout here: http://www.tabbedout.com/
- Vegetarian? No problem! Bocktown offers many vegetarian options as well as the option to substitute a fat portabella for any of their burgers on the menu.
- In addition to their regular fabulous menu, Bocktown offers daily specials. Check back at their website often. You just might find a new favorite! :) http://www.bocktown.com/robinson/
- Bocktown is currently in the process of opening a second location close to the Beaver Valley Mall. For updates & job opportunities, click here: http://www.bocktown.com/monaca/